Sunday, August 2, 2009

"I'M NOT RACER .....

...My name is Winston" ... tra la la .... "My eyes are not blue" ... tra la la .....
Can you Name That Tune???

It is Winston with his head right over a little whiter spot on the deck floor
to make his nose look white!Want Garlic? Here is this year's crop - just harvested today. About 40 bulbs I guess.
I'll hang it up to dry for a month or so and then braid about 8 to a clump.
Lasts about 2/3 of a year!
I am pretty happy with this one! It's how we get to the front of the house from the back yard and gardens. That is our garage back there and the rails on the steps up to the house sticking out at the far right.
BL Jr. Jr. helped me do the stone work several years ago!
(I have to reattach the downspout before the fall rains ... all the plant growth pulled it apart!)





8 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Winston is masquerading! Cadbury was doing a bit of that this weekend, too, and it's the theme of our Monday, Bunday.

That's very cool you braid the garlic. It's kind of like the ristras of peppers in New Mexico. Quite a few crops can be dried and stored that way, now that I think about it.

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a clever photo of Winston....

Hef's Mom said...

WE GOT A CUCUMBER!!! AND A TOMATO! They are teeny tiny and not impressive like yours but we got them!

Deb Cushman said...

That spot does look like Winston's nose. Pretty cool.

Garlic - YUM! (That's from Deb, not Freckles!)

What a beautiful garden walk. Great job. I know a garden down here that needs lots of help!

Andrewbun said...

Furry Furry Pretty!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome garden! Winston is a handsome guy and I don't know the tune :(

Katie said...

That garden is so beautiful! I love garlic so yes, throw me some! :P Is it easy to grow?

Friend of the Animals said...

Great yard, house and view. I always love to visit.